We have an exciting and innovative arrangement with Fly Oz (flying school) at Cowra enabling those interested to combine a half-day morning or afternoon scenic flight with a farm tour.
The process is straight-forward:
- Contact either Fly Oz on (02) 63421812 (email firstname.lastname@example.org) or us on 0425760596 (email email@example.com) to express an interest in making a booking. Either of us will liaise with the other to check availability and confirm a booking.
- Arrive at Fly Oz’s business premises at Cowra Airport about 15 minutes prior to the agreed departure time.
- Fly Oz will collect payment covering both the scenic flight and the farm tour
- Fly Oz will fly you to Ochre Arch farm; and the pilot will wait until the designated departure time.
- We will take you around the farm for a 2-hour tour, and provide morning or afternoon tea as appropriate/agreed
- Fly Oz will fly you back to Cowra Airport
Here’s a map showing the location of Fly Oz at Cowra:
The cost per person starts at $160 at based on a 3 person shared flight. Variations occur where either the flight or farm tour components vary from standard.
One particularly neat attraction you might like to fly-over either on the way to the farm or on the return journey is Iandra Castle near Greenethorpe. A picture of the castle is below. (Photo credit Melissa Chambers from All Around Oz).
Flying time from Cowra to the farm (one way) is a tad over 20 minutes.
Oh … and while we’re still on the subject of Cowra … if you’ve not seen it and you’ve got 20 minutes to spare we recommend a visit to the Cowra Visitor Information Centre (VIC). They’ve lots of information about local attractions, events etc. … and the hologram which runs regularly at the VIC about the WWII Japanese breakout from the local Prisoner of War camp is top-notch.